You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2019 3:00 pm  #1

Waterclear Lake versus Mink Lake

Hi,
Planning a 5 nighter with my 16 year old son and I starting out of Kiosk and doing the Erables loop.  For the first night I'm debating on staying on Mink Lake or Everclear Lake.  I've stayed on Mink several times before,  I was wondering if anyone has stayed on both?  what your preferences are.
Thanks!

7/19/2019 5:17 am  #2

Re: Waterclear Lake versus Mink Lake

I am personally not a big fan of the sites on Waterclear but WhiteBirch is very nice. Mink Lake in my mind only has a couple good sites and the rest aren't worth camping on with the rail bed so close by (my opinion). If Mink has more than 2 people booked for the night you will be there I'd choose Whitebirch

7/19/2019 6:17 am  #3

I vote with ATVenture - Whitebirch. 

7/19/2019 9:13 am  #4

Thanks for the advice folks, greatly appreciated.  I've not been on WhiteBirch and Waterclear before so I think my son and I will give them a try!

7/20/2019 11:43 am  #5

Contrary to what has been posted above, I have stayed on a couple of really nice sites on Waterclear.  Mind you, this was 25 years ago.  Perhaps these really nice sites are no longer there.  They were down Waterclear close to the portage over to Club.  I do agree however that Whitebirch has some nice sites and I would never camp on Mink Lake.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.