You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2019 4:58 pm  #1

Number of campsites on a given lake??...

I've noticed that, on many lakes, the number of campsites that can be reserved is fewer than the number according to Jeff's maps. As an example, there are 16 sites that can be reserved on Misty Lake compared to 20 sites on the map. Is this because there are really only 16 sites now available or is it to ensure that there are always extra sites if someone's plans are forced to change (e.g. wind-bound etc.)? thx! Jon

4/25/2019 5:04 pm  #2

Re: Number of campsites on a given lake??...

The latter. There are always people who end up where they shouldn't be, whether due to weather, injury, or just the jerks who think they can ignore where they're booked because they found a nice site elsewhere. Plus imagine having to paddle the length and breadth of some of the larger lakes trying to find the one available campsite if it could be fully booked. So the booking system is designed with some leeway in mind, so nobody (in theory) ends up on the lake they're supposed to be on and can't find any available sites. 

Last edited by Uppa (4/25/2019 5:06 pm)

4/25/2019 5:06 pm  #3

All 20 sites on Misty still exist. Not all sites are reservable (for the exact reasons you mention). 

Edit: You beat me to it Uppa 

Last edited by jeffreym (4/25/2019 5:07 pm)

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

4/25/2019 5:25 pm  #4

Jeffrey: less posting, more unlostifying. I want my Algonquin map ;)

4/25/2019 5:49 pm  #5

Haha, that's actually why I've been a bit less active in posting for the last while

Back to mapping ;)

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

4/25/2019 6:39 pm  #6

Lol, thx Uppa and Jeff!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.