You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2018 8:19 am  #18

Re: Planning a winter hot tent trip

"Maybe we should start spreading some "fake news" and tell the masses how terrible winter camping is"

Good news: Some of the lakes have started to freeze over.

Bad news: A combination of global warming and a boot coming untied did not work out so well for my hiking buddy:

Last edited by tenderfoot (11/29/2018 8:22 am)

11/29/2018 9:14 am  #19

Hahah perfect!

11/29/2018 9:51 am  #20

Wow, great responses to my post, thanks to you folks for taking the time to answer. Many of your points echo what we are thinking, so will share these thoughts with my colleagues and think more about it. Short answer, don't hold your breath waiting to rent a hot tent and stove from AO. We did discuss the pre-setup tent idea at length, finding a suitable spot is not as simple as you might think. Also agree that if we do go for it, the stove would be a non-folding style for simplicity. 

Last edited by AO_GordB (11/29/2018 10:31 am)

1/03/2019 7:24 am  #21

Hi all,

I was just looking over the interwebs, and saw that Lure of the North has a snowtrekker tent AND stove for rent at $85/night, and it seems like it's even possible to spend a night on their property.

If you haven't heard about LOTN, it's run by a very lovely couple who live year round on a backcountry lake close to Sudbury.

This is an amazing offer, as even spending a night in their place would be an amazing learning opportunity. In any case, here's the link.

https://lureofthenorth.com/outfitting

Cheers
M

Last edited by Marko_Mrko (1/03/2019 8:57 am)

1/06/2019 3:07 pm  #22

And Algonquin Basecamp is providing winter rentals again!

http://algonquinbasecamp.ca/winter-camping/

Winter is here!!!
M

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.