You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2018 4:17 pm  #1

7 day September trip Smoke to Bonnechere Lake

Trip log is now up on algonquinadventures.com
Hope you'll enjoy reading it ...
http://www.algonquinadventures.com/triplogs/WandaSpruyt3/WandaSpruyt3.htm

10/02/2018 6:11 pm  #2

Re: 7 day September trip Smoke to Bonnechere Lake

Nice report. I'm surprised you were able to find good tent pads on the cradle/bonnechere site, I found that was one of the things it was lacking. The fire pit is really great though, I was only passing by on a day trip so never put it to use... the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's better is the north island on Red Pine Bay.. hands down the best I've seen.

The whole report was very reminiscent; last year I spent two nights on Pardee and day tripped through Kirkwood, Phipps, Bonnechere, checking out almost all the sites. And then a few weeks later I did Smoke to Bonnechere, Phipps, out at Cache.

The gaga site really is a gem, we were lucky enough to snag it and enjoyed a beautiful night there.

Also funny seeing the high water levels at the river into Phipps, I was on the verge of bottoming out every time I paddled it, and the grass beside was practically at my head level while in the boat.

Thanks for sharing

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.