You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2018 3:03 pm  #18

Re: Aquaquest has a website now

Arrived yesterday. I set it up in the backyard today. It’s a great piece of equipment. Can’t speak to its durability yet but the quality seems very good. I also should comment that the ordering process was easy. I received an email confirmation I placed the order. A second email when the order was prepared and a third when it shipped. All within about 18 hours or so of ordering. I ordered Tuesday and received it Friday.

9/24/2018 7:40 pm  #19

9/24/2018 7:42 pm  #20

9/24/2018 7:51 pm  #21

Sorry for multiple posts but using the tiny pic feature on my phone was a bit weird.

Finally got to use it. No rain but a little wind on Sunday at maggie's west.

This was my first time setting up a tarp period. I use figure 9s for the ridge line and can jams for the corner tie outs.

I bought the compression strap kit and used all 5 tie outs on the closed end. The open end had one (as shown in the photo) until the wind picked and I lowered the corner tie outs and added the remaining two straps.

I'm 6'2" and didn't lower it too far but could have of course. I put the ridgine underneath (no tie outs to thread through on this version of the tarp) and I naively thought the side middle tie outs wouldn't need to be attached. They really do though, I got lucky and found someone's ditched paracord! I used amsteel for the Ridgeline and corner tie outs.

I like the simplicity of the can jams but they seem like they could break if not handled carefully.

Edit to add the whole kit with nite eyze figure 9s, can jams, stuff sacks, tarp, pegs, compression straps and 60 feet of amsteel weighed about 2.8 pounds. My tent weighs less but I will bring this for "camping" trips staying at one site.

Last edited by human (9/24/2018 7:54 pm)

9/25/2018 12:51 am  #22

Thanks for the update.  My MEC guide tarp was shredded in that storm on Friday so I find myself in the market. Anyone else have any comments on the aquaquest tarps?  

9/25/2018 2:58 pm  #23

human wrote:

Sorry for multiple posts but using the tiny pic feature on my phone was a bit weird.
Finally got to use it. No rain but a little wind on Sunday at maggie's west.
This was my first time setting up a tarp period.

The tarp seems good at a good price but I'm sure that I would be burring dozens of holes into it every time I have a fire. So currently I use a cheap nylon tarp until I can figure out how to have a big fire and avoid burn holes.

9/25/2018 3:57 pm  #24

I don't make fires too much hassle so good for me. Those fire pits take too much space!

10/20/2018 12:39 pm  #25

10/20/2018 12:41 pm  #26

This is the 10x13 40D version (their lightest series - guide I think?). At 6'2" with doors on an A frame I can sit under the ridge with a helinox one chair. 

Last edited by human (10/20/2018 12:42 pm)

10/25/2018 3:14 pm  #27

I knew popping back online for the first time in a while would end up with time spent in front of a map again..guess I got myself a new tarp for next season to boot. Thanks for the heads up on the deal.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.