You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2015 1:33 pm  #1

Halloween at Mew Lake

So we are looking at heading into Mew Lake for Halloween but noticed that the Park is celebrating the week before for some reason. 
What I was wondering is has anyone been up for Halloween?
Just wondering if the kids go trick or treating and just how many kids should we expect?

10/15/2015 5:49 am  #2

Re: Halloween at Mew Lake

We went up last year and it was a really great weekend.  Yep, the kids will be trick or treating.  I'm not entirely sure how much candy to tell you to bring.  It was pretty busy last year but since we ended up at Two Rivers because mew was full, we only had 13 kids.  I think someone last year was saying to expect at least 150 kids, because I remember thinking about that when we were buying candy for the trip (ended up eating most of it ourselves which was fine)  

Make sure you take a few pumpkins and some decorations for your site.  People get crazy into the decorating thing, and must have brought a couple uhaul trailers to bring all their stuff but it's well worth it when you get to walk around and see all the neat things people have done.  The pumpkin carving contest and costume contest are also good fun.  (I'd recommend cleaning the guts out of your pumpking at home...it was really cold for the kids hands last year.)

We are planning to be up there again this year.  My husband and I were hoping to test out some late season gear since my parents and kids will be in the camper will be there should our preparations not be enough.    

10/16/2015 12:25 am  #3

Thanks Fly. Sounds like a good time. 
After re reading my post, I could have been a little clearer. We are going up for the 31st, not the weekend before when the Park is celebrating Halloween.
Just wondering if there will still be kids out and if so a rough idea of how many.

11/03/2015 10:37 pm  #4

Well, Rob, how was Halloween in Algonquin?

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

11/11/2015 1:23 am  #5

Barbara life got in the way and we never made it.
Hoping to be back up to bring in the New Year.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.