You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2018 7:26 am  #1

North Depot Lake

Heading to North Depot lake next weekend (July 4th - 7th)  Any Recommendations on which campsite?    We are hoping to snag an Island but wondering if we should take the smaller one to the south of the lake or just stay north?

I'm bringing my Camera and am hoping to get them added to PCI Project as well  Although I say that every year, I'm sitting on pictures from Basin Lake, and Crotch Lake Island site and maybe Sunday lake as well?    I just need to email them!  haha

6/26/2018 12:46 pm  #2

Re: North Depot Lake

Hey Mulder

The northern island site on the west side has a very nice beach. Site is quite large with a great fire pit area. Unfortunately  the site has been beaten up a bit with carvings in trees etc.

The site on the east side of that island is just OK.

Southern island, i have never gotten out of the canoe to check out but looks good from the water.

In that area my preferred island site is actually the northern one on Allan. Allan seems to have nicer back up options too. Just my 2 cents. 

Have FUN !

Shawn

Last edited by ShawnD (6/26/2018 6:04 pm)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

7/10/2018 1:29 pm  #3

Re: North Depot Lake

ShawnD wrote:

Hey Mulder

The northern island site on the west side has a very nice beach. Site is quite large with a great fire pit area. Unfortunately  the site has been beaten up a bit with carvings in trees etc.

The site on the east side of that island is just OK.

Southern island, i have never gotten out of the canoe to check out but looks good from the water.

In that area my preferred island site is actually the northern one on Allan. Allan seems to have nicer back up options too. Just my 2 cents. 

Have FUN !

Shawn

Thanks for this, we ended up on the southern Island on North Depot.   It was a nice site.  Probably places for 4-5 tents to be honest.   Bugs were terrible.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.