You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2018 6:45 pm  #1

Water temp

Anyone tried going for a swim in the Park recently? I’m going in this weekend and am wondering if I should be excited for some actual swimming or if it’s still in the in/out/lips turning blue immediately territory. I’ll be in the northwest part.

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (6/06/2018 6:46 pm)

6/06/2018 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Water temp

Swam in Erables on May 2-4 weekend.. it was pretty cold, but that was 2 and a half weeks ago. Swam just south of Algonquin on Sunday and the water was noticeably warmer. Lol I know that doesn't give you much to work with but I'm sure you'll be fine. It'll be cold but tolerable.

6/07/2018 12:10 am  #3

Surface temps were already up above 70f in a small trout lake I was at last weekend.  Had some paddlers show up around midday and they went for a swim.  They said they could feel the temperature change at about 5 feet it got colder.  They stayed in the water for quite a while so I'd say swimming season has arrived.  

6/07/2018 6:00 am  #4

While I did not have a thermometer when I was on the Ottawa river last weekend near Pembroke, I would say it's still balls-shrivelling cold, unless you manage to stay in the top 6 inches of water.  It's not dying cold though.  Have a fun trip!

Fred

6/07/2018 6:01 am  #5

Chuck Enwinde wrote:

Surface temps were already up above 70f in a small trout lake I was at last weekend.  Had some paddlers show up around midday and they went for a swim.  They said they could feel the temperature change at about 5 feet it got colder.  They stayed in the water for quite a while so I'd say swimming season has arrived.  

Fantastic. The only thing Missing from my May trip was being able to take a nice long swim after a long day. Good to hear that this time’ll probably be different.

6/11/2018 12:08 am  #6

Out again this weekend on a small deep trout lake.  Surface temps were 66f after the cool week we had.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.