You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2018 7:26 pm  #1

Rosebary Lake campsites

I am planning a trip to Rosebary Lake in August.  Access point #2, Tim Lake, Tim River, Rosebary Lake.  I will be base camping at Rosebary for 3 nights.  Main purpose of the trip is photography and fishing.  And, a trial run to see how the family handles back country camping.

My question (one of many) is:

When's the best time (day of week) to start so that we can have the best chance of getting the best campsite on Rosebary?

Which is the best campsite on Rosebary? :-)

Thanks.

Yc

5/04/2018 6:36 am  #2

Re: Rosebary Lake campsites

I am hopefully heading there may 11th if the park opens as planned.
I will report back and let you know.

5/04/2018 7:35 am  #3

Rosebary is an easily reachable lake for most people and so there will be bookings on it pretty much every day during 'peak' camping season. Weekends will be the busiest, mid-week less so. The online booking system gives you visibility into that, as you can see how many bookings are on it for any given day, so that's your best resource. 

Best site? I've only been on Rosebary once, but from the water at least, I quite liked the look of the Southeast one. 

Last edited by Uppa (5/04/2018 7:36 am)

5/04/2018 10:59 am  #4

Site Uppa mentioned is good. Stayed on it a couple of years ago.

A lot of people seem to like the one near the Floating Heart portage and i'm pretty sure 1 or both of the Southwest ones are good too.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

5/04/2018 6:31 pm  #5

I was eyeing the Southeast site too.  One trip report in the archives mentioned it.  Supposedly less buggy because it is on a point.

5/06/2018 9:30 am  #6

I stayed on the more southerly beach site with family and having access to the beach right off the campsite was a real benefit. We had four young boys with us and they loved being able to race up and down the beach. They spent most days in the water and it was quite nice being able to lounge on the beach. 

5/06/2018 9:34 am  #7

Of the six campsites on the lake, which one is beach site?

Yc

5/06/2018 7:28 pm  #8

Have a look at Jeff's Map. The beach sites are marked. They are a great option for families/kids. 

5/06/2018 7:32 pm  #9

Thanks.

FredForest wrote:

Have a look at Jeff's Map. The beach sites are marked. They are a great option for families/kids. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.