You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/25/2017 12:35 pm  #1

merry christmas everyone ! what did santa bring you?

anyone get cool  algonquin gear gifts from santa for christmas?
    what did he bring you this year?
     santa brought me two heavy woolrich shirts and some camp fire treats, hot chocolates and various david`s tea blends,,,

Last edited by swedish pimple (12/26/2017 9:54 pm)

12/25/2017 12:49 pm  #2

Re: merry christmas everyone ! what did santa bring you?

Merry Christmas!  I got a nice new Dream Hammock Raven   Can't wait to get it set up and try it out!  Now to get an underquilt

https://www.dreamhammock.com/order_detail.html?order=6209

12/26/2017 12:54 pm  #3

I helped "Santa" out a little this year when I saw SAIL was clearing out Les Stroud knives at a really low price. So I am the proud new owner of a Camillus Les Stroud SK Mountain knife. I had my daughter wrap it up for me and put it under the tree I also bought one for my brother, he'll get his today.

Last edited by Blobsquatch (12/27/2017 4:02 pm)

12/26/2017 9:00 pm  #4

Just sitting down to read this book on paddling skills my wife got me.

Chapter 3 tells me she has an inflated perception of my paddling abilities. 

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

12/27/2017 1:23 pm  #5

12/28/2017 12:41 am  #6

Happy Holidays to one and all, my wife kept questioning me for the last month or so on what I wanted for Christmas, come Christmas morning she lays it on me, an "Ugly Stik" lol, just what I wanted

12/28/2017 7:25 am  #7

Kelly Kettle scout kit. Good quality stuff.  Can't wait to try it out.

1/02/2018 8:41 am  #8

No gadgets, but my 2 daughters gave me $350.00 in Ontario Parks gift cards can't wait just waiting for ice out 

Shawn G

1/02/2018 9:51 am  #9

Got a new Saywer Mini water filter. Our old one has slowed down too much to be useful even with backwashing and proper cleaning. Sawyer Mini 1.0 served us well and it will be laid to rest with the proper reverence. Sawyer Mini 2.0 is raring to go but I have informed it to rest up until Ice Out. 

1/02/2018 10:44 pm  #10

Kevin Callan's new winter camping book!  Already read it. Not sure I'm up to winter camping yet.

1/04/2018 8:26 am  #11

RCShevalier wrote:

Merry Christmas everyone!

This year my in-laws got me the Toaks 1100mL pot with pan. A perfect fit to store my BushBuddy in.
(https://www.amazon.ca/TOAKS-Titanium-1100ml-Pot-Pan/dp/B009MZHRKU/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1514398867&sr=1-6&keywords=toaks+titanium)

Well now I just ordered myself a late Christmas present! Was looking for a pot that was just a bit bigger than my MSR Titan kettle (and holds a BushBuddy nicely) so thanks!

1/04/2018 11:29 am  #12

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

1/04/2018 2:22 pm  #13

a toaster

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.