You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2015 8:05 am  #35

Re: Louisa, Rock, Welcome,etc. - clockwise or Cc?

Ya, I was surprised by the wind as well, which factored into my decision. I sailed north and west on Sunday and Monday.  Too bad about your trip. I had a great one, albeit somewhat short on fish, wildlife and fall colours.  
It's family hiking season so that was likely my last trip this year unless we get a bluebird day or two to get out canoeing and/or kayaking for a few hours.

Good luck to you if you do get out.  It's getting prettier out there every day.

9/30/2015 8:07 am  #36

Re: Louisa, Rock, Welcome,etc. - clockwise or Cc?

My Self Reliance wrote:

Ya, I was surprised by the wind as well, which factored into my decision. I sailed north and west on Sunday and Monday.  Too bad about your trip. I had a great one, albeit somewhat short on fish, wildlife and fall colours.  
It's family hiking season so that was likely my last trip this year unless we get a bluebird day or two to get out canoeing and/or kayaking for a few hours.

Good luck to you if you do get out.  It's getting prettier out there every day.

We were surprised to see almost no colors at all Sunday morning on the way in.. but on the way out it seemed near peak. Thats another reason why I want to get out again, the next few days are looking even windier though which might be an issue paddling the 17ft canoe solo. I dont know what I'm going to do, I'm in the process of drying all of my gear right now.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.