You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2015 7:05 pm  #18

Re: Tim Lake - 4 Campsites or 5?

Awesome thanks

9/27/2015 5:24 am  #19

9/27/2015 7:41 am  #20

Nice Andy, thanks!  Wow this is one big bull eh?  Is that a Tarptent in the last picture?  How do you like it?

9/27/2015 9:18 am  #21

Hi Steve, yes. That's a Tarptent Scarp 1. What I like about it. Lightweight, simple/fast set up. Stands up well in the wind. Good cross ventilation and ability to have both sides open/accessible.  What I don't like about it. Can get condensation on the inside walls. (Haven't had any moisture  get into the sleeping area though). I was thinking of getting another sleeping compartment that is all mesh to swap between the two but hesitant due to the condensation issue.

9/27/2015 9:44 am  #22

It looks like a great tent but I can see how condensation would be an issue.  I was actually looking (I think) at that tent a while ago for a possible new winter tent but I think I heard the fairly consistent issue about condensation.  I really like the interior space and ease of set up though.

9/27/2015 2:06 pm  #23

I haven't used the tent in the winter (too old for that) but from everything I read, all testimonials say it's great in the winter and holds up well in the snow

9/29/2015 8:43 am  #24

Regarding the #2 PCI site, it is great in a lot of ways (access, flat ground, tons of room) but you might want to consider the conditions before you choose. It is a choice summer site for breezes that control temps and bugs but given cooler temps, you might find it is too exposed to westerly and northwesterly winds.

Minor issue, but know that seating is limited there (one small log for 2 people).

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.