You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2017 6:34 am  #1

Countdown: A New Dawn!

The sheep didn't let me sleep (much) last night--leaping and bleating, bloody animals!!
LoL ! 

When I awoke just before 4am this morning, went outback for a cuppa'jo and...OMG---it's friggin' COLD!!
Where the hell did summer go??? Good that I did though as it shocked me into revising the gear I will bring when I head out---in 8 days!! ..got a bit of shopping to do!! ...(btw, what time does MEC open?!}  

Last edited by Sean of Londinium (9/02/2017 6:39 am)

9/03/2017 2:49 pm  #2

Re: Countdown: A New Dawn!

I was in on Casey lake (one portage off of rain) Friday and Saturday night.....and Friday night got COLD.   Tip for your upcoming trip....a boiled pot of water poured into a Nalgene bottle will warm up that sleeping bag real nice for you....and if you have naturally high body temperature like myself then the bottle stays "warm" all night and in he morning it's less time to heat it back up for coffee

9/05/2017 4:51 pm  #3

Thanks Foxriders, great tip that I wouldn't have thought to do with my Nalgene bottle--keep 'em comin'!
I.m watching the weather forecast like a hawk this week and starting to look like a bit of summer will return at the start of my trip, in 5 days time!  

9/07/2017 11:59 am  #4

Arghh...sun was shining for a bit today but now--pp rain in Ottawa! Hopefully not a portent of Nature's offerings next week. My prep continues, nonetheless--3 more sleeps!  

9/09/2017 10:55 pm  #5

Fueled up, packed up, pumped up and super psyched to head out tomorrow morning!
Last sleep, bring on the sheep!! 

9/10/2017 5:38 am  #6

Have a great trip Sean!

9/18/2017 1:37 am  #7

Thanks, I'm back home now, late Sunday evening, Sept.17, after a trip which
was even awesomer than I knew it would be!  This trip was anything but routine
right from my first thought to go and, as has happened before, the five nights I
had originally booked got extended to seven nights in glorious AP!  

I'll be putting together a TR in the next few days but it's been quite a long day for me
and have to hit the sack soon tonight before I drop!  Hope you all had a good week
Mother Nature finally gave a solid week of sunshine without any rain--the best week
of Summer 2017, by far!  More soon...

Sean  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.