You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2015 1:17 pm  #1

Joe Lake Thanksgiving weekend

Thoughts on when in advance I should book a campsite for Joe Lake? Im planning on doing a short and easy one night canoe trip to Joe Lake access point Canoe lake. Is this going to be crazy busy?

9/23/2015 3:26 pm  #2

Re: Joe Lake Thanksgiving weekend

So far 10 out of 10 sites are still free on the 9th!

Last edited by MatteoP (9/23/2015 3:27 pm)

9/23/2015 3:27 pm  #3

Re: Joe Lake Thanksgiving weekend

The interior is highly unlikely to be "crazy busy" on Thanksgiving weekend as most canoeists won't go out that late in the season.   Personally, I would not make a reservation anytime after Labour Day weekend as the chances that the lake I want would be fully booked are low.   What does get "crazy busy" on Thanksgiving Weekend are all the day use hiking trails along Highway 60, and since so many people staying in the Huntsville area drive up for the day the traffic can be backed up quite far from the West gate.  We have experienced that traffic jam a couple of times while visiting friends in Huntsville.  Fortunately, we live in Ottawa so our more normal destination would be the north end of Algonquin.   Places like Lake Travers or Cedar Lake have hardly any canoeists on Thanksgiving weekend.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.