You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2015 7:24 am  #1

How do I add an avatar stored on my computer?

I can't figure out how to add an avatar from my computer.

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

7/27/2015 8:09 am  #2

Re: How do I add an avatar stored on my computer?

Go to "My Profile' at top menu bar ... then select "Avatar and Signature" from left-side menu.
You either have to use one of the offered avatar images or have your avatar image already uploaded on a server somewhere. You can copy-paste an images URL .. by right-mouse-clicking it where it already appears online and "copy image location". Just like this from your CCR postings ...

7/27/2015 8:48 am  #3

Okay, got it.

Doesn't look as small as I feared.

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

7/27/2015 9:00 am  #4

Latest Firefox for tablet - no photo insertion feature here either!

8/11/2015 2:35 pm  #5

testing my avatar..

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

8/11/2015 10:35 pm  #6

No avatars visible on the mobile platform.

8/12/2015 10:31 am  #7

My avatar does not seem to be working.. I've linked it via photobucket.. wonder whats wrong.. what source are you guys using? photobucket? something else?

Edit by BarryB. I copy/pasted the link for your old avatar from Network54 .. http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1338468113.JPG .. into this message's image-input-field. It seems to work. Can you just copy/paste your Photobucket image link into a reply, so we can see what might be causing the problem?

Last edited by BarryB (8/12/2015 11:00 am)

8/16/2015 8:20 am  #8

hey Barry - this was the link I was trying to use from photobucket...

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/tourdupark/SimpsonAvatar-BrandonPeek150x150_128x128_zps04f66eb0.jpg

still didnt work - but thanks for getting my avatar loaded! much appreciate the help

8/16/2015 6:30 pm  #9

Also testing my avator.

Not all those who wander are lost.

j.r.r. tolkien

8/25/2015 11:16 am  #10

Peek wrote:

My avatar does not seem to be working.. I've linked it via photobucket.. wonder whats wrong.. what source are you guys using? photobucket? something else?

Edit by BarryB. I copy/pasted the link for your old avatar from Network54 .. http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1338468113.JPG .. into this message's image-input-field. It seems to work. Can you just copy/paste your Photobucket image link into a reply, so we can see what might be causing the problem?

I'm having the same problem, Barry. I can post a pic to a post from Photobucket no problem but get the following error message when I try to link for the avatar.

The avatar URL you have supplied does not appear to be valid. URLs must start with http:// and end with either .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png. Please try again.

If you need to upload your image somewhere first, 
TinyPic works great! (use their "Direct Link" address after uploading)

I am using the Direct link below and have tried by editing out the ~original but then the avatar shows  "picture not found".

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o757/Algonquintripper/Resized%20photos/Corkywatchingtheshorefadeaway_zps2ba660cf.jpg~original

Last edited by Algonquintripper (8/25/2015 11:20 am)

Dave

8/25/2015 1:20 pm  #11

It could be a Photobucket problem. Let's try a work-around. If you email me a copy of your avatar JPG, I'll put it in a subdirectory on the Algonquin Adventures server and email you back its direct URL. Hopefully, inserting that URL into your profile will get it working. Email JPG to canoe@algonquinadventures.com.

8/25/2015 7:31 pm  #12

BarryB wrote:

It could be a Photobucket problem. Let's try a work-around. If you email me a copy of your avatar JPG, I'll put it in a subdirectory on the Algonquin Adventures server and email you back its direct URL. Hopefully, inserting that URL into your profile will get it working. Email JPG to canoe@algonquinadventures.com.

No need, Barry. Figured something out. I went to the old site, rightclicked on my avatar & selected "copy image url". Then I pasted the url here.

Et voilà!

Dave

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.