You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2017 2:46 pm  #103

Re: What's Your Personal Best?

How do I become a Troll after 1 post.
Topic is "What is your personal Best", so I posted pics and defined what happened to the fish, I did not go off on a rant as other upstanding board members did and insult each other.
If you don't like my photos, delete them.
Yes New Member, yes joined yesterday. Have yet to insult anyone or violate the rules regarding identifying small lakes.

6/07/2017 2:57 pm  #104

We all like fishing eh? Yeah? Good. 

I've really enjoy this community so let's not see it akin to the comments section of an obscure youtube video. Next thing you know, were going to be reading how to make $2000 CASH A WEEK by not leaving the comforts of your couch. 

Keep your lines tight and keep the pictures rolling!

6/07/2017 3:05 pm  #105

Not a beast my any means, but this was my first brookie and standing PB. Harvested earlier this spring, with help from this forum!

6/07/2017 3:45 pm  #106

Cedar Lake Summer Walleye, released

6/07/2017 3:48 pm  #107

Nice looking fish Boys !!

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

6/07/2017 4:48 pm  #108

Hey ShawnD

Thank you

12.5 lb laker was on a light action rod with 8 lb test. Took 30 min to land, it did not survive but never have I had a fish strip a reel like that. Took 100 yards off my reel in its first run. Actually pulled the boat around.

If I kill it while catching it, I eat it. That's what us trolls do.

6/07/2017 6:34 pm  #109

Antman wrote:

Don't.... daddy,
​A holy war ? Give me a break..... blah blah blah

Hi Swede!

6/08/2017 8:39 am  #110

Personal slights, insults and provocations are definite no-no's on the forum. The 'Terms of Service' and rules are at www.algonquinadventures.com/NewForumUse.htm
On the old forum, some people got dropped from the 'access-group' because of their intentional 'agro-tactics'. This new forum allows for simple blocking of users. I don't want the forum to degenerate into the sniping-war it was a few years ago. 
Those of you who have started cranking-up the 'agro-tactics' know who you are. You are warned.

6/08/2017 12:08 pm  #111

Just had a helpful exchange of PM's. As a result, I'm asking that instead of stoking-up the forum temperature, when a posting seems offensive, forum participants consider sending a PM to the 'offender' or to me. Hopefully, that way issues can be dealt with behind the scenes and not out in the open, messing-up the forum. Thanks for everyone's help on this!

And,  should have caught the 'outside-of-Algonquin' instances when they started. They dilute the 'Algonquin-content'. I'm requesting that from now on we limit our postings to Algonquin fish. Otherwise, I'll have to do some heavy-handed deletions through the thread.

6/11/2017 8:26 am  #112

My best ever fishing day (time) for speckled trout in Algonquin Park was actually in May on a river real close to a lake.  My wife and I literally caught and released close to 30 specks in the 1-2 lb. range in about 30 minutes We eventually just QUIT as the fishing was TOO EASY.  I have never had a fishing time like this again in the GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/13/2017 5:03 pm  #113

Most of my best fish have come from driving into White Partridge Lake and ice fishing. It's so peaceful, there is never anybody else around. 

6/13/2017 7:41 pm  #114

Come on dude, we all know ice fishing is illegal in the park !

6/14/2017 9:12 am  #115

Had the pleasure of getting my PB specifically on my 6 ft 4 weight cane a couple of weeks ago in the park. A 16 incher but a crappy pic. (Was at lake Nipigon last week and got my all tackle PB of 21.5 inches)

Last edited by Was Hardcore (6/14/2017 9:14 am)

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

6/14/2017 11:05 am  #116

Lenny wrote:

Most of my best fish have come from driving into White Partridge Lake and ice fishing. It's so peaceful, there is never anybody else around. 

I hope you're joking.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.