You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2017 11:21 am  #1

Online permits now available for some parks, but not Algonquin

http://www.ontarioparks.com/parksblog/online-interior-permits/   

Permits are now available online for some parks including Wabakimi and French River.   It would be really nice if online permits were also available for Algonquin Park.   Many of the permit offices close at 7pm and we cannot get to them in time when leaving after work on a Friday afternoon.   If we were able to print our permit before leaving for Algonquin, that would eliminate that problem.

5/17/2017 12:01 pm  #2

Re: Online permits now available for some parks, but not Algonquin

I would love to see this implemented for Algonquin. Let's hope by 2018 this is possible. There really isn't a true need for me (or anyone) to have to 'check-in'. Make it easier and more people will come, when more people come the revenues are greater. It's simple math.

Fingers crossed this initiative is expanded into Algonquin Park.

5/17/2017 2:14 pm  #3

This would be great.
We like to get an early start to the day. It would be great to be able to get out on the water by 630 or 7am instead of still being at the permit office!
It's only a matter of time.

5/17/2017 3:34 pm  #4

Yes that would be great!
They do online reservations so it is just a matter of time until it's the same for permits.  I can't wait!

6/07/2017 12:08 am  #5

When I called and asked in great disbelief (I'm from BC, we've been able to do this for years) the lady said the official rumor is 2020, but no one "in the know" is very hopeful about that target date...

She asked if I was still there because I was staring at my phone in disbelief. 

Pat.
Sea Kayaker stuck in the middle of the country too far from the ocean.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.