You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2016 7:03 am  #1

Clipper Canoes

I'm thinking about picking up a new canoe this year and I was considering a Clipper 15ft prospector. I guess I'll have to paddle one to see what it's like but anyone have any experience owning one, more interested in build quality and durability. I see they are a little heavy 60lbs for a 15ft Kevlar I'm assuming they are fairly solidly built. The tractor seats look pretty cool also.

5/31/2016 7:57 am  #2

Re: Clipper Canoes

I've never owned a Clipper but did talk with their designer several years ago. Clipper is a western Canadian company so you don't see many of them down this way but they have a really good reputation. 

5/31/2016 12:55 pm  #3

I don't think Clipper makes a 15' Prospector. They do make a 16' prospector in Kevlar/Duraflex at 60lbs. this is not the same as your typical Kevlar lay up. It is a beefed up construction intended for White Water use. I have been considering getting a Clipper Prospector 14 in Kevlar/Duraflex for a while. Looks like a good river tripping solo that weighs about 20 pounds less than comparable Royalex boats.

Jenda Paddlesports outside Ottawa is a Clipper dealer  

5/31/2016 8:03 pm  #4

That's the one, Typo, I called the other dealer and apparently its tough to get your hands on one they only deliver a couple times a year. The guy I talked to is dealer down in south western Ontario and when I spoke to him he said if you want one you need to order in Sept for a Apr delivery. I'll try the Ottawa store maby they have some in stock.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.