You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2024 11:18 am  #1

WIA 754

Which campsite can be seen from a distance in mid left of shot between the trees?

Last edited by Shayne74 (4/19/2024 12:49 pm)

4/18/2024 12:19 pm  #2

Re: WIA 754

Manitou Northern campsite near portage down Amiable du Fond river towards Kioshkokwi Lake.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/18/2024 1:43 pm  #3

Sorry Bo. Further east. 

4/18/2024 2:24 pm  #4

Looks like you could be on Stratton, site 7. Which would make the campsite in the distance site 14? Don’t know if that lines up properly though

4/18/2024 3:44 pm  #5

Ryan lake, taken from the island site?

4/18/2024 4:06 pm  #6

Judging by those tallboys it must be one just outside the park. ;)

Or, maybe Catfish

4/18/2024 11:07 pm  #7

Last edited by Shayne74 (4/18/2024 11:33 pm)

4/18/2024 11:12 pm  #8

MartinG wrote:

Or, maybe Catfish

Dammit. Neglected to screen the photo.  Didnt zoom in on my phone. Assumed they were yeti or other water bottles.

That site is an iconic highly sought after site. Depsite being vacant we felt it was too exposed and decided against  staying  on this shoulder season  trip.

4/19/2024 10:50 am  #9

Shayne74 wrote:

MartinG wrote:

Or, maybe Catfish

Dammit. Neglected to screen the photo. Didnt zoom in on my phone. Assumed they were yeti or other water bottles.

That site is an iconic highly sought after site. Depsite being vacant we felt it was too exposed and decided against staying on this shoulder season trip.

So bringing cans into Algonquin Park is ok now, provided you "screen" the photo of course.  Where are all the forum police that were quick to judge a friend of mine who legally entered the Park and did not commit any offences, or attempt hide any, or joke about the the infraction? I personally couldn't care less about a group of responsible adults who packed in a couple tallboys. But don't be a hypocrite, that's all.  

My guess is Ryan as well. Looks very familiar

4/19/2024 10:57 am  #10

Swift Fifteen wrote:

Shayne74 wrote:

MartinG wrote:

Or, maybe Catfish

Dammit. Neglected to screen the photo. Didnt zoom in on my phone. Assumed they were yeti or other water bottles.

That site is an iconic highly sought after site. Depsite being vacant we felt it was too exposed and decided against staying on this shoulder season trip.

So bringing cans into Algonquin Park is ok now, provided you "screen" the photo of course.  Where are all the forum police that were quick to judge a friend of mine who legally entered the Park and did not commit any offences, or attempt hide any, or joke about the the infraction? I personally couldn't care less about a group of responsible adults who packed in a couple tallboys. But don't be a hypocrite, that's all.  

My guess is Ryan as well. Looks very familiar

Forum Police must be Liberals. Rules for thee, not for me. 
Another vote for Ryan, the lake whose bottom is littered with cans. 

4/19/2024 11:16 am  #11

Yes! Shayne has effectively admitted that beer cans are a NO-NO. He's confessed to the infraction. It's not like he's overtly promoting it. The photo struck me as bearing an incidental small images of a couple of cans. Things like beer cans and dogs off leash do happen, but are INFRACTIONS for good reasons and can result in FINES.

4/19/2024 1:04 pm  #12

Guilty. As I'm sure most users have been at one time or another  of any number of possible infractions.  My point regarding the photo screening comment was had it been done,  society would be none the wiser. No harm. No foul mentality.   This in no way makes it right however for some reason what we don't know won't hurt us. I to have been busted by Barry in the past .  I should have known better .I apologize. 

No to all guesses so far. 

Last edited by Shayne74 (4/19/2024 2:41 pm)

4/21/2024 6:01 am  #13

Esther Sessions Keyser's (first Algonquin Park female guide) favourite campsite on Big Trout, Birch Point.

Last edited by boknows (4/21/2024 6:19 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/21/2024 8:54 am  #14

bonnechere lake south east campsite in da first bay,, the rock ridge

4/21/2024 4:38 pm  #15

Further east. A gem of a lake.

4/21/2024 6:38 pm  #16

gem lake    l.o.l.

4/21/2024 8:11 pm  #17

Not quite Swede lol!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.