You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2023 2:01 pm  #1

A route I've been thinking about

I've been thinking about a loop for a little while, can't make up my mind on it. 
Tim Lake - Rosebary
Rosebary - Mubwayaka via a long walk on a 3400 meter carry
Mubwayaka-north to one of the three campsites on the 7 small lake stretch to Tim Lake (probably stay on Papukiwis)
Papukiwis - Tim Lake - out.

My trips are generally 4 days, and I think this would work for that.  Going from Mubwayaka to Tim Lake is basically a long walk with a few paddle strokes thrown in (and I double carry).  I did the 3400 meter from Rosebary to David Creek last year (in the other direction), so that's also a long walk, a bit uphill in this direction, but nothing crazy.  I've been curious about that stretch from Mubwayaka to Tim Lake for a while.  Anybody have any insight?  I'm kind of curious if those lakes are lakes or swamps or?  Every portage on the route is low maintenance, that's kind of unique.

1/10/2023 3:43 pm  #2

Re: A route I've been thinking about

Last time I was in the area I spoke to a father-daughter boat who was coming up from that way.  They said it was nothing special.  Couple blow-downs, but not an intense route.  This was back in 2017, so I can't speak for how great it is now, but if it were me and I was on Mubwayaka I would probably take the Tim back.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.