You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2022 2:21 pm  #1

Western Uplands Backpacking Trail in Fall (Video)

Last weekend I decided to hike the Western Uplands Backpacking Trail. I did the perimeter loop over four days. While it is perhaps not the most scenic hike in Ontario, it is a beautiful trail. The best time to do it is the fall. No bugs, perfect temps, and fewer people. Unfortunately, I had quite a bit of rain too. Thanks to Hiker 72 for all his contributions to this forum and for sharing advice about the trail.

Here is a video of my trip. I hope you enjoy it.

10/02/2022 8:28 pm  #2

Re: Western Uplands Backpacking Trail in Fall (Video)

Thanks for putting this together and posting - really great video work and commentary!

10/03/2022 8:03 am  #3

Yes, thanks for a well produced change of pace of the rainy second half of September on the trail. Does your walking stick double as a mono-pod for your camera? Or maybe it collapses down so far as to be totally out of sight? I can't resist these technical questions. 

10/03/2022 10:38 am  #4

Thanks Guys

@Barry yes I only use one walking stick and it doubles as a monopod (sort of). The only camera I use backpacking is my cell phone. I attach it to my walking stick, or a tree, or set it on a surface with a Pedco Ultrapod. https://www.amazon.ca/Pedco-Ultrapod-Lightweight-Camera-Tripod/dp/B08SVWPFWV 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.