You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2021 9:41 am  #1

Nippissing question

HI folks - question about the Nippissing from the Nadine portage to Gauthier's dam.  We have a trip planned in the next few weeks that is going to take us through this section of the Nippissing in that direction, and I'm curious about the water levels and amount of current at this time of year.  Is this section slower or faster moving section?  I've done the Tim and the Pet at this time of year - would it be comparable to that?

Last edited by Zabbitz (7/06/2021 9:43 am)

7/06/2021 9:56 am  #2

Re: Nippissing question

No current to speak of in that section. I don't think water levels will be a problem either, but I won't make a general statement based on the one time I've been through there (which was mid-summer). 

7/06/2021 11:56 am  #3

Yeah, not much current. In low water, there can be the odd rock to look out for.

Spring on the right side of the port coming out of Nadine just before the end. It's really just a bit of a puddle, but nice on a hot day

7/06/2021 12:05 pm  #4

No real current in that section. But in low water I've had to wade a bit among gravel bars. With the recent rains you will probably be OK.

7/07/2021 5:43 am  #5

I know the water levels on the Pet and the Crow are good so Nip should be OK. I ran it from Nadine to Cedar last Oct and there was absolutely no issues.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.