You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2021 5:06 pm  #1

Radiant Lake

I have a trip planned in the area on May 24 weekend and was wondering if there is anything interesting to see on Radiant Lake. I have heard mixed reviews about the fishing (other than bass- not open) and I'm not sure whether it is worth bothering with doing a daytrip down there or maybe spending a night. 

1/21/2021 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Radiant Lake

Radiant is shallow, especially the east side so I wouldn't expect much in the way of big fish on that end but Jeff's old map says there are trout.  But I don't fish often so what do I know.

There are allegedly old graves along the track near the site on the south end. There are also a bunch of pretty rapids both up and down the Pet from radiant.  I've played in a couple but suspect May water levels would mean pictures only.

Last edited by keg (1/21/2021 6:04 pm)

1/21/2021 11:33 pm  #3

It's a fantastic Bass Lake. I've caught Catfish and Pickerel in there too. No marked graves at the cemetery site but lots of relics scattered about and a plaque commemorating dead river men. Good campsites on the north shore. One of my favourite lakes in the park.

1/22/2021 8:57 am  #4

Radiant is a lovely lake, but it has a handful of cottages on it, and there was a small motorboat tooling around when I was there, which was a huge detracting factor. I like to pretend I'm somewhere remote and that definitely spoils the illusion. 

Nice enough lake, but I won't be in a hurry to head back that way. 

1/22/2021 9:15 am  #5

I'm on the same page as Uppa.. Nice lake, Nice Sites but the cottages and boats are a distraction for me.. 
If I'm in that area I would prefer to take the lone site on Clamshell.

Last edited by ShawnD (1/22/2021 9:34 am)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

1/22/2021 9:59 am  #6

Thanks guys, will definitely check it out and take a paddle up the little madawaska if time permits. Agreed regarding the motor boats. On Clamshell for two nights, I really like how there is just one site on the lake and is surrounded by two sets of rapids, so quiet and peaceful. Thanks for the photo Shawn, great shot. 

1/22/2021 1:56 pm  #7

I’ll eco the others on the mechanical noises on Radiant. But a beautiful lake none the less. If you’re interested in ruins, watch the video link below of some things you can find near one of the campsites. If you walk the rail line, you will find all kinds of things. 

https://youtu.be/wPFq7JNiTTM 

Producer / Camera Operator - Mark in the Park TV Show
Season 2:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpo6wbdVw4qmSqVK8zliRnCbgekagKzpS
Summer 2020:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpo6wbdVw4qkWN_4wQlRxNJUkEeCeAKq3
Professional Backcountry Canoe Tripper Wannabe

1/22/2021 5:06 pm  #8

Hey Lenny - been a while - hope you're good! You might find these locations at Radiant Lake interesting..

Loggers Tools, Radiant Lake (Including historic photos from the farm days on Radiant)

General Ruins, Radiant Lake

Loggers Graveyard, Radiant Lake

1/22/2021 8:41 pm  #9

Thanks so much! Likewise, has been a while indeed. What a great resource your site is! I wonder what kind of bones those are?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.