You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2020 4:26 pm  #1

Longbow to Shah vs. Longbow to Misty

I just reserved my (very much hoped for) late September trip. Here it is. 
Day 1: Magnetawan-Mubwayaka
Day 2: Mubwayaka-Longbow
Day 3: Longbow-Shah (see below)
Day 4: Shah-Little Trout (see below)
Day 5: Little Trout-out

I had planned to do this for Days 3 and 4, which would make day 3 longer, but would take some bite out of day 4.
Day 3: Longbow-Misty
Day 4: Misty-Little Trout

Then the online system told me that Longbow to Misty was pretty long so maybe I should re-think it.  So I did.  I have not been on the Tim River since....man I don't know, maybe 1995.

So, do we think I made the right choice?

Of course it is all moot if the border doesn't reopen by Mid-September, but I remain optimistic because I really want to get a trip in this year.

By the way, I know there's disappointment about the machinations necessary to see how many reservations remains for a given lake, but I have to say, the ability to just click on a lake and have it added to the reservation?  That is pretty sweet.

7/02/2020 6:09 pm  #2

Re: Longbow to Shah vs. Longbow to Misty

Shah is a very nice little lake. The point site is pretty good. Port from Pandion Pond to Misty is very steep at the beginning then moderately hilly to Misty. I would choose Shah in the fall. Odds are you will have the lake to yourself.

Also, there are enough sites on Misty I wouldn't worry about going off reservation in the fall. If you feel like pushing on since you get to Shah, just do it.

Last edited by MartinG (7/02/2020 6:11 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.