You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2020 9:29 am  #35

Re: Talk to me about Unicorn Hill

solos wrote:

Peek wrote:

... did the hill on Monday, it's fine.

That’s great that you already got a trip in during this Pandemic. I’m hoping to go soon but I don’t want to wear full bug gear and I don’t want to subject the dog to endless mosquito bites. So, how were the bugs?

Hey Solos - sorry, just saw this now. The trip was awesome, it felt amazing to finally just chill at a campsite. Granted when we came out, the world was on fire, but that's another topic all together.

Regarding bugs, simply put: we got lucky - our first night went down to -5 and must've killed most of the bugs because the next 5 days were so sunny I had to ditch the shirt a few times. Bugs were easily managed with some DEET and even then only a bit was needed... however... our luck ran out while loading up the truck on Cedar to head home - they came out in full force and were buzzing around me like sawdust blown from a miter saw.

Hope you get out there soon man! 

I'm headed back in on Friday and I expect them to be horrible. 

Edit to add: Great pic of the doggo and yeah, June is probably the worst month for dogs to canoe trip in. They just can't swat like we can!

Last edited by Peek (6/13/2020 9:31 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.