You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2019 7:02 am  #1

Basin Lake - Permits

Good day,

Thinking of heading into Basin today but I see that I have to get permits at Bonnechere Park to the south but it appears their office closed on the 14th.     The Algonquin reservations system just throws errors at me.   Do we need to get permits this time of year and if so, where?    Thanks!

10/25/2019 7:08 am  #2

Re: Basin Lake - Permits

Call (705) 633-5572 and get a phone in permit. You will need a pen and piece of paper to write down your permit number and leave it on your dash.

10/25/2019 7:31 am  #3

Thank you Martin for the quick response, much appreciated.

10/25/2019 12:08 pm  #4

How long you headed up for?  I'm heading up there as well on Sunday

10/25/2019 12:58 pm  #5

I was planning on heading up today and come back Saturday evening as the rain is supposed to hit on Sunday but something has come up and can't go :-( .    Looking at next weekend now.  Have never been there so thought it looked easy to get into for a quick weekend.   If you make it in Sunday let me know how it was :-) .  and have a great time!

10/25/2019 1:02 pm  #6

Ya the forecast for Sunday isn't looking great is it?  I'm gonna be there for a bit and going to base camp to explore the area.  Bringing my canoe to do some fishing and exploring.  I've never been there either so I'm looking forward to checking out some place new.  Sucks that your plans fell through, but maybe I'll see you up there next weekend!

10/25/2019 1:04 pm  #7

If the weather is good, work leaves me alone and you are still there, watch for me on Friday - lol.   Easy to spot, skin on frame canoe.   THen we can talk photography hahaha .    http://canadianloon.net

Last edited by scrouse (10/25/2019 1:06 pm)

10/25/2019 1:21 pm  #8

Sounds good!  I'll be the guy with the 800 pound Old Town ABS canoe  

I'm always up for chatting photography and camping !

10/25/2019 2:32 pm  #9

Hey Steve, you should pick up this booklet before you go. They have it at the Visitors centre. Or, I think you can download a PDF copy for free.

https://www.bonnecherepark.on.ca/html/programs/scenic-hikes.html

10/25/2019 2:46 pm  #10

Thanks Martin I'm way ahead of you   I printed it off at work yesterday.  Thanks for the tip though, I appreciate it!  Cheers.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.