LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2018 12:44 pm  #1

Anyone know if the Basin Road is being plowed this winter

Anyone know if the Basin Road is being plowed this winter? Park office isn't much help with this. Their answer is no even when it is being plowed.

Last edited by MartinG (12/28/2018 1:00 pm)

12/28/2018 1:28 pm  #2

Re: Anyone know if the Basin Road is being plowed this winter

Hey Martin .......... I'm told it was plowed last week , and there are Winter logging operations . I can't speak to the road past Basin Depot ..... beyond the bridge , after the turnoff to Frog Lake Road .

12/28/2018 2:48 pm  #3

Thank you John!!!

12/28/2018 5:05 pm  #4

Hey John, just past Basin Depot after the bridge, the road splits. I always figured we weren't allowed to take the road to the right. The one that goes up the West side of Basin. Is that one called Frog Lake road?

12/28/2018 11:48 pm  #5

My Apology .... Martin. 
I referred to the road as Frog Lake road after the bridge.
 In all due respect ..... historically it has been referred to as the Mc Guey farm road . ( Roderick Mac Kay ....Spirits of the Little Bonnechere ) 
Yes , there is a gate .
It is well worth walking past that gate ..... and not far to the East .... a wondrous growth of trees with velvet moss along the side of a meadow that sings the sounds of Spring and the Howl of the wolves in Fall .

Last edited by John Connelly (12/29/2018 12:06 am)

1/21/2019 1:31 pm  #6

Hi John, have you got any updates on the Basin Road? Going to be heading up there the end of the week.

Thanks a lot.
S.

2/27/2019 8:52 pm  #7

I was planning a drive up to the Basin Road tomorrow , anyone bin in there lately ?  I'm a bit concerned , as there were Sunny Ways out here , south of Ottawa til about 4pm , as I was on the snowshoes , blazing trails to the maple trees fer the sap season .... I noticed this fast moving real dark cloud of accountability moving up the valley , heading towards Ottawa ?

Board footera