You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2018 12:34 pm  #18

Re: Crossing algonquin park

Depending on route, you could easily send/drop a resupply package at Opeongo or Brent.

7/23/2018 12:48 pm  #19

I did it in 9 days going from Magnetewan to McManus. Magnetewan Access - Misty - Red Pine Bay - Hogan - Radiant/Radiant - Bypass Falls - Big Thomson Rapids - 5 Mile Rapids - McManus Access by noon.

Regardless of your white water experience this is easier than the White Partridge route.  It is not a difficult route. Wind tends to be at your back. Paddling with the current. Portages are all down hill. Not too many long ones. I know a couple of guys who followed the Pet the whole way and did it in 7 days. But they had a couple of killer days in there.

http://www.algonquinadventures.com/triplogs/MartinGarster/Mag/  

7/23/2018 3:49 pm  #20

The more i look at the map the more im liking the petawawa river for my crossing. I think i can manage 10 days of food on me for solo carries and 10 days seams like more the  enough time to cross keeping my days not so big.
Misty forks - longer-cat fish rapids-cedar-radiant-bypass falls-big thompson rapids- roll away rapids -mcmanus

YG2D

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.