You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2017 11:02 am  #1

Big Rain on Tuesday

Hi folks, I am wondering if anyone on this board got caught out in the rain on Tuesday? I was car camping in the park so was not exposed to the full brunt of the weather that came through.

Here's a photo taken on the Two Rivers Hiking Trail on Wednesday morning. All the trail hills looked like this, with deep grooves from all the rain.

9/09/2017 9:07 am  #2

Re: Big Rain on Tuesday

HI Blobsquatch,

I was on Tim Lake with my 5 year old son, two friends and their little guys as well. The three adults were woken up at  3am to a massive thunder storm and torrential rain.  How the kids all slept right through the storm i'll never know, the thunder was really shaking the tent.  The really cool thing was we heard some wolves howling between the thunder.  We all stayed dry until we were packing up around 9am.  

Glad to hear you were better situated than we were.

Jeff

9/10/2017 8:57 am  #3

Yes, and it was WET. We traveled from Nadine to La Muir that day as part of our North to South Park crossing. Seams failed on our drybags resulting in damp down bags, and I had to use a bailer for the first time due to rain.

We were expecting a deluge though. Just not sure how much as the forecast kept flip-flopping.

9/10/2017 7:30 pm  #4

It's funny you say Tuesday. My wife and I were on Burntroot Monday and got pinned by the weather. We barely left the confines of a tarp and the island we were on. The combination of wind, thunder/ lightening and hard blowing rain kept us put. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday we had sun and cloud day and night, which was pretty nice.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.