You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2017 7:26 pm  #18

Re: Where Is This #103

Not West Harry.  The rocks on the portage to this lake were a little slippery because a lot of them were mossy.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/22/2017 7:45 pm  #19

Alright, one last guess...Panther?

2/22/2017 7:47 pm  #20

Panther it is, looking from the Dace portage.  You're up RPD.

Last edited by Tripper (2/22/2017 7:48 pm)

'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/23/2017 10:54 am  #21

Oops, didn't see that this was already done

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (2/23/2017 10:55 am)

2/23/2017 5:00 pm  #22

RPDUKE is having problems getting a posting made. He's PM'd me that he's encountering a 'recaptcha security loop'. has anyone else had that problem?

2/23/2017 5:03 pm  #23

Not me Barry.

2/24/2017 9:16 am  #24

Where's he posting from? I've seen issues with captcha from countries that restrict internet access (like China) because they're blocking access to the location trying to serve up that captcha in the first place. Not sure when the captcha is kicking in for him since I've never seen one on this site, but if it's happening because of his attempted file upload (using the "Upload" link in this board) then tell him to try uploading the image elsewhere and then linking to it instead. A site like imgur.com makes that easy to do (but there are many). 

Last edited by Uppa (2/24/2017 9:16 am)

2/24/2017 11:49 am  #25

I just sent a message to the Boardhost Help Service explaining the problem. When I submitted it, I got a captcha kicking-in with a pop-up that required me to click-on those squares within a photo that included certain elements. In fact it was immediately followed by a second captcha image. I completed both successfully and the message went through OK. BTW, my own message didn't include any image.

Like UPPA says, maybe the source of RPDUKE's image file triggers the captcha process.

And maybe he has a 'pop-up blocker' or extreme security setting on his virus protection software that blocks the info from the captcha being sent back to the forum server?

I'm hoping I hear back from the Boardhost Help Service with some helpful guidance.

2/24/2017 11:56 am  #26

Want to post an image to keep the ball rolling in the meantime? Or I can if you prefer!

2/24/2017 3:24 pm  #27

Uppa, you can keep us occupied with a "Where Is This" photo! Thanks.

2/24/2017 4:20 pm  #28

Tried posting using my ancient PC laptop and Internet Explorer and it worked.  #104 is up!  Thanks to all who responded for the help and suggestions.  Will keep working on identifying the problem.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.