You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2016 11:06 am  #1

West Corbeau Lake

Can anyone comment on the site on either West Corbeau Lake or Stretch Lake.  Thanks.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

11/15/2016 8:40 am  #2

Re: West Corbeau Lake

Did Brain Lake to Hurdman and back in May 2014. The site on stretch is typical of a low maintenance campsite. Terrible landing, but excellent view of the huge cliffs on the opposite shore.

The campsite on West Corbeau is just plain terrible. Nothing more than an old, raspberry filled clearing. Crappy pit, no benches, no real view (of anything) but it would do in a pinch. I certainly wouldn't 'plan' to stay there.. Head further to Hurdman. The upper site is outstanding.

Some cool ruins on the creek there too.

I may have a pic of the west Corbeau campsite.. Will post it later on if I find it.

11/15/2016 9:43 am  #3

great bass fishing in those lakes!

11/15/2016 10:33 am  #4

Thanks Peek & SP.  Much appreciated.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.