You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2016 9:34 am  #18

Re: Tim Lake - October 1 to 4 (lots of pics)

spicol wrote:

Gilgamesh, yes, it was Site 2 in the PCI.

On the island, Site 4 is quite sloped with one suitable tent spot but it can be tough to find other suitable spots for 2-3 person tents. Site 6 is good, as others have said.

It's four of us brothers, and we have a huge eight person tent. So, site 4 may not work. Thanks!

4/30/2016 7:26 pm  #19

Gilgamesh, One more pointer: there was no firewood to be found anywhere on the island in September, it was even difficult to find along the different portages from Tim lake.
Fortunately I happened to have a 3/4 full bag of APP campground  firewood in the van, and paddled back to get it.

5/05/2016 5:27 pm  #20

tentsterforever wrote:

Gilgamesh, One more pointer: there was no firewood to be found anywhere on the island in September, it was even difficult to find along the different portages from Tim lake.
Fortunately I happened to have a 3/4 full bag of APP campground  firewood in the van, and paddled back to get it.

This is a huge problem. We are planning to stay for 3 nights and I love a good fire. I'm sure the non-island sites should not have this problem.

Thanks!

5/05/2016 5:43 pm  #21

We were on a non-island site and wood was hard to come by.  We had to paddle to get ours

5/05/2016 5:53 pm  #22

Wow! I am glad I discussed my plans here. Lack of firewood is a deal breaker.

I have to look into other options. When I come up with one, I'll post on a separate thread. Plan B was Sunday lake, but need to think about it.  Trying to locate a lake which doesnt allow motor boats and still doesn't involve much portage. May consider Killarny.

Thank you for all the help.

5/05/2016 5:54 pm  #23

In all honesty I think most access points that are a short paddle in, without many portages are going to lead to the same issue as they will be more heavily used than sites deeper in the park.  I may be wrong though...

5/06/2016 7:30 am  #24

As Steve said, on any lake, a quick paddle to a spot without a camping site will generally resolve the firewood issue.

Not a big problem - think of it as a mission and a bit of exploration. 

5/06/2016 6:45 pm  #25

Spicole

You are absolutely right.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.