You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2024 7:11 pm  #1

Tim to Rosebary?

I see the low water warning  possibly on the Tim R between Tim L and Rosebary L. Realizing  this is very dependent  on the summer we have  would Tim to Rosebary  be reasonably manageable late September and  would you consider it worth the trip? Is there benefit in pushing on to Long Bow for 2 nights rather then staying on Rosebary.  TIA.

4/23/2024 8:58 pm  #2

Re: Tim to Rosebary?

The east site on Longbow is nice in rough weather but I much prefer Rosebary's sites.

Haven't gone there that  late in the year so someone else might chime in.

4/23/2024 10:35 pm  #3

I had no trouble in October 2020.

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

4/24/2024 1:31 am  #4

I didn't have any trouble in late September last year.  But the trout fishing was disappointing.

As a side note Jeff, on your maps of Rock Lake, you have Rose and Jean Islands wrong.  Rose is the one with 5 campsites on it.  FOAP is also wrong.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/24/2024 9:16 am  #5

Thanks so far guys. We'll check into is further. 

4/24/2024 11:05 am  #6

@Bo Knows - Great observation. That was intentional. The park changed the names, so I followed their lead. I think it'd be more confusing if my map contradicted their names.

4/25/2024 4:55 pm  #7

Thanks Jeff,but the real Rose Island was where we had a few get togethers including one time at Easter.

Last edited by boknows (4/25/2024 5:03 pm)

4/25/2024 5:42 pm  #8

Turns out we had a gathering on Jean island without even realizing it ;)

But yea, that was a lot of fun! I remember one of the times the ice had just gone out, and as me and Markus paddled down the lake a chunk of ice floated by lol

4/25/2024 6:00 pm  #9

That was Easter weekend when we dried out Swede from our campfire.  Yeah.... those were the days. We need to have another one this summer.

Last edited by boknows (4/25/2024 6:02 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.