You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2024 8:29 pm  #18

Re: Back Country Now Open April 12

Stop feeding the troll.

4/14/2024 8:32 pm  #19

Touché.
I read some other stuff that seemed legit so tried to give benefit of doubt.

4/14/2024 9:44 pm  #20

MartinG wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

Yeah, my bad.  I assumed this is a legitimate member of AA, and someone who, with over 250 posts, would be respectful of the forums.

My concern, as is Barry's, is that casual readers would think that the rules of Algonquin Park are not being observed.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

4/15/2024 6:33 am  #21

"So your friend is tearing up roads which therefore makes it even more inaccessible for everyone else?"
not my friend...

4/15/2024 10:13 am  #22

Years ago I was in through Rain Lake, over on Islet for a few days. Heavy rains had raised the water way over the access dock. When I came back, the water was down and I was told by a staffer there that while I was on Islet a beaver dam had washed out and taken the access road with it .. that no vehicles could come or go for days .. that the entire roadbed and a culvert had been swept away .. that the repairs had taken days .. that many outgoing campers had been marooned at the access point. On the drive out I could see that a massive amount of fresh material had been moved to fill the washout. Unfortunately some people don't realize the magnitude of what can happen and think that real life is like a TV advert for 4-wheelers.

4/15/2024 10:05 pm  #23

Woah, not sure where all the negativity is coming from. I simply posted a comment about a native friend who enjoys fishing in APP.  What the heck is wrong with some of you??  If any of you would like his number so you can give him a piece of your mind, or give him tips on how to drive, just let me know.  In the meantime, take a deep breath and relax before you have a heart attack..sheesh

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.