You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2024 4:41 pm  #18

Re: Last year 62 straight days camping

Stainless wrote:

Wow! Good for you Bo!!  Posting on FB will allow for a 'meet up', perhaps.

Hey Stainless....nice to hear from you.

That is a great.plan you have.  Bring lots of food except fish, berries and mushrooms.

Ken Born is my Facebook name.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/09/2024 12:55 pm  #19

I'm impressed with the duration of you camping trip, but even more so with your volunteer work in retirement!  I for one will watch your youtube videos!  Looking forward to hearing some solo trip conversation & some wisdom you have gained in your life experiences!!

boknows wrote:

I have been outside Canada the past ,6 months in Ghana, Africa and Brazil, South America volunteering with Iko Poran teaching children English and football when this trip was planned.

I have added a few comforts to this trip like a cot bed with mattress for sleeping and a brand new guitar to keep me company during rainy days.

Lakes to be camped on will start with Opeongo, Canisbay, and then clockwise to include Rain, Tim, North Tea, Kioshkokwi, Cedar, Lake Traverse, Sec, Billy, and back to Opeongo for last few days.

All around THE GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD in 4 months.

I should add also that once this trip ends, I will begin finding a new place to live as I plan on cancelling my current living arrangements before this trip begins No sense paying rent twice over 4 months eh!

Counting the days now to start this epic journey of mine.

4/09/2024 4:23 pm  #20

SeekingSolitude wrote:

I'm impressed with the duration of you camping trip, but even more so with your volunteer work in retirement!  I for one will watch your youtube videos!  Looking forward to hearing some solo trip conversation & some wisdom you have gained in your life experiences!!

boknows wrote:

I have been outside Canada the past ,6 months in Ghana, Africa and Brazil, South America volunteering with Iko Poran teaching children English and football when this trip was planned.

I have added a few comforts to this trip like a cot bed with mattress for sleeping and a brand new guitar to keep me company during rainy days.

Lakes to be camped on will start with Opeongo, Canisbay, and then clockwise to include Rain, Tim, North Tea, Kioshkokwi, Cedar, Lake Traverse, Sec, Billy, and back to Opeongo for last few days.

All around THE GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD in 4 months.

Thanks for the kind comments but it really was a win win situation for everyone.  I paid my own air fare and in return got away from Ottawa winter and free room and board for six months and seeing smiles on the little ones I even had a pen pal in Ghana and one in Brazil who were my guides when I always had the weekends off.  To top it off I met so many others there who all of us are friends for life. 

I should add also that once this trip ends, I will begin finding a new place to live as I plan on cancelling my current living arrangements before this trip begins No sense paying rent twice over 4 months eh!

Counting the days now to start this epic journey of mine.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.