You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2024 10:09 am  #1

Historic Trip Itinerary

OPEONGO Jun 28 - Jul 20        23 NIGHTS
SEC. JUL 21 - JUL 31                 10 NIGHTS
TRAVERSE AUG 1 - AUG 20.       20 NIGHTS
CEDAR  AUG 21 - SEP 6.            17 NIGHTS
KIOSHKOKWI  SEP 7 - SEP 23.   17 NIGHTS
TIM. SEP 24 - OCT 1.                     8 NIGHTS
ROCK. OCT 2 - OCT 15.                 14 NIGHTS
BILLY OCT 16 - OCT 26.               . 11 NIGHTS
OPEONGO OCT 27 - OCT 31.         5 NIGHTS

TOTAL.   125 NIGHTS

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/06/2024 10:24 am  #2

Re: Historic Trip Itinerary

Looks like an awesome plan Bo!

4/06/2024 1:36 pm  #3

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

Looks like an awesome plan Bo!

Thanks!  This plan will come to fruition as long as I stay healthy until trip begins.

I am already booked until end of August.

4/06/2024 1:50 pm  #4

Enjoy. Curious to know why you will be spending so many consecutive nights at each lake as opposed to spending 2-3 nights on dozens of different lakes?

4/06/2024 4:54 pm  #5

Bampot wrote:

Enjoy. Curious to know why you will be spending so many consecutive nights at each lake as opposed to spending 2-3 nights on dozens of different lakes?

Mainly for exploration and good fishing!

4/06/2024 5:23 pm  #6

boknows wrote:

Bampot wrote:

For a trip of this scale I would imagine moving camp frequently could become pretty exhausting and weather setbacks could throw off the whole itinerary. And psychologically it will probably feel nice having a home with stashed firewood, well-built shelter etc. When I think about 4 months in the backcountry, I think the most challenging part for me would be the mental side of things and having a predictable routine with a few home bases seems like it would really help

Good luck on your journey. I have a feeling 2024 will be the first year we get 125 days of straight sunshine and no wind stronger than 10km/hr

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

4/06/2024 5:54 pm  #7

trippythings wrote:

boknows wrote:

Bampot wrote:

For a trip of this scale I would imagine moving camp frequently could become pretty exhausting and weather setbacks could throw off the whole itinerary. And psychologically it will profeel nice having a home with stashed firewood, well-built shelter etc. When I think about 4 months in the backcountry, I think the most challenging part for me would be the mental side of things and having a predictable routine with a few home bases seems like it would really help

Good luck on your journey. I have a feeling 2024 will be the first year we get 125 days of straight sunshine and no wind stronger than 10km/hr

Thanks!  I  should have said that even though these lakes are counter clockwise (personally means going back in time) from Opeongo, they are also some of my favourite fishing lakes with the species of fish still in season when I am camping there...i.e. Billy...splake lake and in season all year in Zone 15.  Also even though I have had a passion for Algonquin since my first interior trip by rail train cart to Radiant Station where a CNR work crew was stationed and I slept in a caboose at 8 years old and fished many trout waters in the area , over the course of the next 66 years these lakes I really haven't camped on even though I have started at least one interior canoe trip from all 29+ access points to lakes really in the interior...these lakes were the starting point of many fantastic and memorable canoe trips and now  is the time I am going to pay them homage for what they have given me.  Also, this epic historic journey is dedicated to my dad who introduced me.to the greatest Park in the whole wide world.

Last edited by boknows (4/06/2024 7:03 pm)

4/06/2024 7:52 pm  #8

Fair points - wishing you all the best on your epic trip.

4/07/2024 5:11 pm  #9

Helluva adventure, Bo. I truly wish you good health and fine weather. I might even meet up with ya on cedar for a campfire sing-song and some spooky stories. I have a couple of Bigfoot tales burning a hole in my pocket that I think you'd enjoy

4/07/2024 6:00 pm  #10

Swift Fifteen wrote:

Helluva adventure, Bo. I truly wish you good health and fine weather. I might even meet up with ya on cedar for a campfire sing-song and some spooky stories. I have a couple of Bigfoot tales burning a hole in my pocket that I think you'd enjoy

Sounds like a plan. Spooky stories are great around a campfire.

Keep an eye out on my Facebook page to see just where I will be camped on Cedar.  Just might save you some paddling...LOL

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.