You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2024 9:38 am  #1

Brent Jog

Most of the trips I do are solo, and the guys I go on group trips with would not be interested/capable of doing this intense trip, so I am looking for an experienced long-distance canoe tripper to join me in a modified Brent Run tandem trip in late July or early August 2024.

The plan would be to leave Canoe Lake around 5:00 AM on Day 1 and paddle roughly 55 km to a campsite in the north end of Burntroot where we will setup camp.

On Day 2, we would leave the campsite around 6:00 AM and travel approximately 29 km to Brent, and return to the same campsite on Burntroot (around 58 km day). This way we can leave tents, etc set up at camp and travel with an extremely light pack for this leg of the trip with the most portaging.

Day 3 would be another 55 km from the campsite back to Canoe Lake.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

3/12/2024 8:14 am  #2

Re: Brent Jog

why? is all i have to say

3/12/2024 9:22 am  #3

swedish pimple wrote:

why? is all i have to say

Why does anyone do anything? 

3/12/2024 1:26 pm  #4

what dates were you looking at? weekend or mid week? I have toyed with the idea of a brent run in the past, but never considered sleeping at a campsite. I always pictured one of us paddling in the night while the other tried to sleep in the canoe.

3/12/2024 4:55 pm  #5

Evan Briden wrote:

what dates were you looking at? weekend or mid week? I have toyed with the idea of a brent run in the past, but never considered sleeping at a campsite. I always pictured one of us paddling in the night while the other tried to sleep in the canoe.

No set dates, yet. I am somewhat flexible on dates and would probably decide a few days before based on a favourable weather forecast. However, I recognize that complicates the planning further.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.