You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2024 9:31 pm  #1

PMs have vanished

Anyone else have all their PMs suddenly go missing? I hadn't replied to a couple and now they are gone. Messages from within the last week, and were still there yesterday I believe, or at least the day before that. Is there someone that can look into this?
Thanks,
Hobbes

2/13/2024 6:37 am  #2

Re: PMs have vanished

Mine go back to 2015 - but I don't use it much and I haven't had any over the past 3 months or so...so I cannot speak to your issue.  Accidental deletion by user possibly?

2/13/2024 7:59 am  #3

Hobbes sent me a PM regarding the PM disappearing. I read it before checking the morning's forum postings.

I've sent a service request to the forum providers ... "As of this morning my forum's stored Private Messages have been deleted .. all of mine (BarryB) and all of one of the forum members (Hobbes). I'm assuming all the forum users have lost their stored PM's. Could you please restore them? Thanks."

Hopefully they can restore access to them!

2/13/2024 8:34 am  #4

Thanks for passing along the message Barry!

Cheers,
Hobbes

2/13/2024 10:30 am  #5

If it helps, all my Sent / Stored / Received PMs are also gone.

2/13/2024 10:41 am  #6

It looks like the forum service has established a limit on the number of PMs one can 'save'. The pages that now contain PMs have a 'check box' in front of each one and the comment "# of 1,000 allowed messages on file" and options to "delete" and "Move to stored". There also seems to be a "right justification" now applied to forum post input box?

2/13/2024 9:31 pm  #7

Looks like they restored the old messages, but deleted all the new ones in the meantime! hahaha
I'm going to guess though that the end result of restoring all the old messages is much more impactful for others, so glad to see it happen. Hopefully you all did get your old messages back too.
Cheers,
Hobbes

2/16/2024 5:13 pm  #8

Peek wrote:

If it helps, all my Sent / Stored / Received PMs are also gone.

Ahh, that explains why you didn't see my message

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.