You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2023 6:56 pm  #1

News From Jeff at Unlostify

I hope Jeff doesn't mind me copy/pasting from one of his FB postings of just a few hours ago at ... https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=UnlostifyMaps by Jeff - formerly Unlostify

http://mapsbyjeff.com
"Jeff here. I’ve got news!

1) First, the sad news – Deki has moved on from Unlostify. I hope you’ll join me in wishing him well.

2) Now that I’m returning to my roots and making maps on my own again, I think it’s time for a name change! Unlostify is going to become ‘Maps by Jeff’

3) The Algonquin map is finally complete, and the waterproof copies are in the process of being folded! Woohoo!!

It’s been a looong 5 year journey – without a doubt, it was the hardest project I’ve ever worked on – but I am *incredibly* proud of the end result.

I’ll be sharing lots more info starting tomorrow (including my favourite new feature) and anticipate releasing the new map within the next week.

Thanks for your patience and support through the years!!!

-Jeff"

11/22/2023 1:04 am  #2

Re: News From Jeff at Unlostify

Thanks Barry!!

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

11/22/2023 6:58 am  #3

Can't wait!  They look great and I love the double-sided functionality.  You've taken a good product and continually made it better and better through constant critical analysis...kudos to you!

11/22/2023 4:57 pm  #4

Order placed for the hard copies, and Jeff has already sent me the new digital version and Avenza version. Looks great! Amazing work, Jeff!

11/22/2023 6:08 pm  #5

So glad you're enjoying it @Bampot!!

11/26/2023 8:41 am  #6

Bampot wrote:

Order placed for the hard copies, and Jeff has already sent me the new digital version and Avenza version. Looks great! Amazing work, Jeff!

How do I place an order?

11/27/2023 5:34 am  #7

According to the tracking info I have, the print copies will delivered this Thursday. I'll get the website updated at some point between now and then.

In the mean time, if you'd like to order and get a digital copy now just email me at jeff@mapsbyjeff.com and I'll give you some more info. Just FYI I'm a bit behind on emails/messages right now but I'll get back to you as soon as I can =)

11/27/2023 10:14 pm  #8

Thank you for the heads up Barry! 
And congrats Jeff on Shipping!! I look forward to pouring over the hard copy.

12/02/2023 9:19 am  #9

Checked out starting point 18A Dennison's Bay on Aylen Lake.   The private property referred to in the written directions and appearing in the aerial photo has been owned by my wife and I since June of this year.  The proximity of two different routes into the interior of Algonquin was definitely a factor in our purchase decision.  The property was very run down so we have not yet had time to explore the portages.   We did see a few canoeists using the field beside our property but given the nature of the canoe route across the lake I don't think it will ever be a popular access point.

12/02/2023 10:42 am  #10

@yellowcanoe – Congrats!!

Agreed that it will never be popular. It's definitely one of the more obscure starting points.

Let me know if you want me to change anything about the wording on that page.

12/11/2023 9:23 am  #11

Jeff, you're a madman! I ordered all 5! Thank you!!

12/13/2023 3:47 pm  #12

Christmas came early for me today!  I just received five beautiful new Algonquin maps from Maps By Jeff!  I can't wait to pour over them in the coming weeks and months and dream of ice out in the park.  The continuity of what was so great about the original map, with the addition of the new features, makes for an exceptional map.  I now need to go back to some routes to see the things I missed that are indicated on the new maps.

Way to go, Jeff!  Congrats on the launch of the new maps and your new business name!  Your work continues to make such a huge impact on our community!  

Dave

Last edited by Guyute (12/13/2023 3:48 pm)

12/14/2023 4:41 am  #13

I hope you enjoy them @Swift Fifteen and @Guyute!!

Thanks so much for your support and your kind words =)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.