You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2018 2:25 pm  #1

Bug Shirt

The three bug shirts I've got in the family's fleet are "The Original Bugshirt".  They work well, are durable, and lightweight.  They are hot, there's no doubt, but there is nothing better than laughing at biting insects buzzing around your ear yet entirely unable to get in there.  HA!  Take that mosquito, deer fly, black fly, or other annoying biting insect!!!  Anyway, I've been looking at getting one for my wife, but they are pricey.  And I will say, by the way, I have used their bug shirts and their hoods, and I've got nothing bad to say about them at all - ok, the shirts are hot, but that's it.  They make a quality product.  

Enter a potential alternative - "GOGO Microfiber Bug Shirt Protection Jacket".  It is pretty clearly a knockoff of the Original Bug Shirt and the pricing reflects that, but I really can't find out much of anything about it.  I can't tell if it is a  pure knockoff where somebody just reverse-engineered a design, or if The Original Bug Shirt folks are making a less expensive version under a different name licensed out to somebody, or something else.  I've seen very few customer reviews on it, and the ones I found had very little to say.  There is only one photo I see of it - from the front.  No photos from the back or sides.  I haven't seen any reviews on gearhead blogs, or  magazine reviews either.  There are a few options for buying online, so there seems to be some growing availability. 

I'm wondering if anybody here has heard of it or used it, etc.    

7/25/2018 9:04 pm  #2

Re: Bug Shirt

I consider all the bug jackets currently on the market to be inferior to my many decade old bug jacket.  My jacket has a vertical zipper.   I can have my head exposed and zip up the jacket so it is snug around my neck and bugs can't get inside the jacket.   All jackets I have seen on the market now have a horizontal zipper.  This is ok if you want your head covered but you can't have your head exposed without leaving a large opening that allows bugs to get inside the jacket.  The labeling on my jacket is long since worn off so I have no idea who manufactured it.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.