You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2018 11:54 am  #18


Re: Rod & Reel

Rod and reel is always strapped to thwart and yoke in canoe using flexible tie downs when portaging. Telescopic rod in backpack for back-up.  Easy peasy.


Thread killer
 

2/18/2019 2:59 am  #19


Re: Rod & Reel

Looking to buy a new fishing rod. Need some good suggestions. Previously I was using
‘’UglyStik Elite Spinning Rod’’. I want to upgrade to a new brand.
I found this list. They have amazing rods with awesome amazon ratings. 

 

2/20/2019 1:18 pm  #20


Re: Rod & Reel

Great thread - I like the strapping of the rod as shown in Tripper's picture...I will try that this May.  I am certainly no fishing pro, I like catching more than I like fishing...But I have tried many of the options listed in the thread.  At the end of the day I always go back to the 2 piece rod I have, which incidentally I leave the reel on.  I purchased a pretty cheapo set up that has ultimately lasted a decade and I always catch enough fish.  I hate attaching/detaching a reel so this works for me.

Feels like this could be a niche business opportunity for someone to provide a fix!

Looking forward to open water - as I currently sit working periodically checking on the 3rd ice storm supposedly bout to land...

 

Board footera