You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2015 8:54 pm  #18

Re: Best Buy

3 things i found to be good value recently:

1. At the dollar store (Dollarama), in the spring, they sell these little black stretchy webbing straps with velcro on the ends. One dollar for 2. There are 2 lengths, a short one about 5 inches that stretches to maybe 10, and a larger one that stretches maybe to 16 inches. Anyway, they are great for holding my too-long rain pants up, for tying up my rolled up closed cell foam mat, etc.  Their stretchiness makes them useful like a bungy, but with the width and flatness of webbing. 

2.  The NiteIze company makes those really giant rubber-coated twist ties. The large ones are really good    for attaching a paddle to a thwart when you are portaging a rental canoe.

3.  I think the Princeton Tec Impulse light is awesome. It's $13 at MEC. It clips to your ballcap, it's super lightweight at 14g, and comes with a closed gate clip to hang it to your hammock ridgeline or tarp lines. It's exactly enough light and not too much overkill.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.