You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2017 3:07 pm  #18

Re: Gear Addictions?

CanoeClaire wrote:

Mine is maps! I love maps. I have maps from lots of places that I have no immediate plans to visit. But, I feel like my long-term intentions justify the map purchases.

My husband has a boot problem. I think he has 3-4 pairs of hiking boots (not including winter boots). They are all different and he can explain to you with Much Conviction why they are all necessary and required. He'll even be able to explain to you why he really needs this new pair of boots because it's Very Different from anything else he has and will be Much Better for this Specific Activity. 

Great thread!

I love maps too!  I have a pile of maps of places on my 'to paddle' list one day!

In addition to maps mine wouldn't be any item specifically, but rather looking for items which shed weight...  If I can carry 1 gram less on a portage I'm happy!  New pack, tent, or even tent pegs, etc... I feel that with all the lightening of gear, I've saved 5-10 pounds of weight, which makes portaging a little easier...😄

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.