You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2017 8:19 am  #1

Favourite Sites on Big Trout?

Hey, everyone!
I'm heading to Big Trout with a decent size group in about a week. I've done quite a bit of research (PCI and Trip Logs) on Big Trout, trying to get hints and a better idea of which sites to pick from. I ask for Big Trout because this is the lake we'll be staying 2 nights on, so I'd love to settle in on an AMAZING site ;) Ideally, with a Sunset view, great swimming, good tent pads, and a great firepit/kitchen!

We enter from Otterslide Creek and will be exiting via Merchant although we don't mind paddling the length of the lake for a site that is worth it!

Any suggestions, thoughts, and photos would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

7/17/2017 11:21 am  #2

Re: Favourite Sites on Big Trout?

The site on the point of the bay leading into the portage to Lake LaMuir is an EXCELLENT site for what you are looking for.  This is the site I always try to stay on when camping/fishing on Big Trout.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

7/17/2017 3:15 pm  #3

boknows wrote:

The site on the point of the bay leading into the portage to Lake LaMuir is an EXCELLENT site for what you are looking for.  This is the site I always try to stay on when camping/fishing on Big Trout.

Thank you, Bo!
Just by looking at the map, you get a feeling that site would be worth a visit!!

7/18/2017 8:09 am  #4

It's a great site. Huge, flat, countless spots for tents. Great swimming. The only downside is no great sunset views, at least when I was there in May. Unless the solar cycle has changed dramatically.

7/18/2017 8:58 am  #5

Great! Thank you, for the photo.

7/18/2017 9:06 am  #6

Site # 1 on the PCI index might work...dunno about the swimming (no beach) but spacious interior of site and sunset views out western landing but not from the site itself as it is fully forested.

Site #2 on the index is good too.  Great multi-level layout, really good views that are mostly unobstructed.  Also not sure about swimming (visits were in May so we weren't even thinking of that although there is exposed shield rock right up to the water so likely good for that too).

7/18/2017 10:35 am  #7

I've been to the #26 and the 12.
26 is quite the ways away, but we all love going back there if the route calls for us to pass on through.
Great place to jump from the small cliffs there and a great big rock stretching out into the water to stargaze or have a drink while the sun goes down.

JB

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.