You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2017 8:45 am  #18

Re: Where in Algonquin? #158

Pen...is correct!!!  Based on what I've read on the forums these past several years Pen doesn't typically rank on folks 'favourite lakes list' but it does hold a special place in my heart as the first lake I ever camped on in the Park.  It was my "gateway lake" that has since led me to many a great adventure across this wonderful resource that is the 'Gonq.

You're up ATV.  

6/21/2017 8:47 am  #19

RPDUKE wrote:

Pen...is correct!!!  Based on what I've read on the forums these past several years Pen doesn't typically rank on folks 'favourite lakes list' but it does hold a special place in my heart as the first lake I ever camped on in the Park.  It was my "gateway lake" that has since led me to many a great adventure across this wonderful resource that is the 'Gonq.

You're up ATV.  

I enjoy camping on Pen Lake! I've been through there countless times in the last few years. :-) Did you take this photo from the 'island' campsite?

6/21/2017 8:57 am  #20

ATVenture wrote:

I enjoy camping on Pen Lake! I've been through there countless times in the last few years. :-) Did you take this photo from the 'island' campsite?

No, this photo was taken at the southern end of the lake closer to where the Galipo flows out (but obviously from the eastern side of the lake).

6/21/2017 9:27 am  #21

???????

Last edited by boknows (6/21/2017 9:29 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.