LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2018 2:38 pm  #1

Just some corridor Brookie fishing.

Headed up with one of my sons for a couple days of fishing in the park for Brooks. Zero bugs was a huge bonus and the days were a perfect temp, though the nights were still a tad cold. The fishing however was surprisingly good, we tried a few spots right along the corridor and most of them panned out with a few nice fish. The best one was near the west entrance and was a total surprise just screwing around not expecting to get a bite where we were. Here's one of our nice little river Brookies, released.https://farm1.staticflickr.com/956/27304503927_ff146e24dd_b.jpg
Algo Brookie by Zen, on Flickr

5/17/2018 3:17 pm  #2

Re: Just some corridor Brookie fishing.

Beauty.

5/18/2018 9:43 pm  #3

beautiful shot.

8/14/2018 9:41 pm  #4

That’s a nice one!

I’ll be in the Huntsville area from Saturday the 18th until Thursday the 23rd. Any advice on where I could try my luck along the corridor in the Park? Won’t have my canoe this trip so will have to be near the road. Will have a 3 wt and 5 wt fly rod. Is the water cool enough to be looking for trout or should I be looking at bass?

Thanks

8/15/2018 6:45 am  #5

Hey Kevin,
Without a boat I'd honestly target bass.. the water is above 20 degrees now across the park in most places so the trout will be way down. There is a slight chance of getting lucky in the morning/evening if a few trout come up to feed but I wouldn't count on it.

8/15/2018 8:33 am  #6

I agree. Poppers with the fly will be a lot of fun.  I wouldn't bring the 3wt.

Consider renting a canoe from one of the Outfitters for the day. It would be a lot of fun, and would open a lot more possibilities.

Check Jeff's Maps for bass lakes.

8/15/2018 10:05 pm  #7

Rats! I was afraid you guys would say that. Had hoped the water up there would be cooler and I could try out the new 3 wt. Guess I’ll have to wait a bit to use it. I also have an old fiberglass 6 wt I may bring along with the 5 wt. Bass it will be. Decided to rack up the canoe too.

Thanks for the input.

Board footera