You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2022 8:11 pm  #18

Re: new park now open north east of bancroft 10k membership fee

Not sure how this topic is relevant to the general enjoyment of an Algonquin Park Adventurer ?
This new " park " is private land .
To use a golfing analogy , most years I pay 15 $ fer nine holes on a Public course , ten minutes from my front porch , usually 15-20 times a summer . Once in a while I'll pull the sock out from under the mattress , and pay to enjoy a round or two up at a privately owned course , like Montebello in the fall .
A paddling analogy , most of the time , like many others , I paddle or walk in Algonquin Park , and for a treat maybe venture up to Temagami  , Lake Superior or La Verandrye .
Maybe even splurge on a trip fer a paddle up North on the Barrens ( liscensed and limited by Gvrmnt ) 

Point being , whatever your choice , keep it your choice .
If this was privately owned farm land , who would suggest this is so wrong if the private land owners charged a premium for organically grown produce  ?
Lenin tried a social landownership , history has shown that ain't the best fer every day common folk with a choice .

4/09/2022 8:42 pm  #19

CptCanadaSid3Cups wrote:

Lenin tried a social landownership , history has shown that ain't the best fer every day common folk with a choice .

Sooooo... what your saying is that public parks and crown land are a failed communist experiment? That's a weird take, given... you know... the public parks of Algonquin, Temagami, etc. and you know... public Crown Land.

Here's my huge problem with this insane private park:

1. We need more parks, especially closer to Toronto

2. The lands were/are owned by a logging company. At $1mil/year total gross income, the profit will be peanuts. So clearly this isn't making money for Domtar. So the only result of the arrangement is more opportunities for the rich, and fewer for the poor.

3. The special features (backcountry Butler) are so absurd that they could be satire

In fact, can anyone confirm that this is NOT an April Fool's joke?!!?

4/09/2022 9:41 pm  #20

Marko-Mrko
Of course , expected that response .
I did not use the words "failed communist experiment "

This spring , after a few days up on North Branch Lake , listening to the music of wolves , the chance to land a behemoth squaretail , a sip of Canadian Whiskey ...with the loons as a lullaby I'll sleep well , with no concern of a privately owned park near Bancroft .
I live closer to Clayton Ontario , I don"t believe the needs of those " closer to Toronto " as ya say , are any more needing than all taxpayers in the free market economy of Ontario .

Find it rather interesting , the reference of my previous comments as an " April fools joke "
That there says plenty of your ability or willingness to engage in disscussion without the lowering to personal insult .

Simple question , this new park , is it on privately owned land ?

Last edited by CptCanadaSid3Cups (4/10/2022 12:09 am)

4/10/2022 8:14 am  #21

For a topic that isn't directly about Algonquin Park, this discussion has brought on some unbecoming debate. Let's keep it friendly please! Thank you.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.