You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2022 9:48 am  #52

Re: i really do not know why i bother,, i contacted ont. out door re-fees

It’ll become a cost analysis to see if the longer drive warrants the avoidance of an increased cost at a closer location. For most I think the cost is a smaller part of the puzzle than the time. A weekend getaway to Quetico or wabikimi just isn’t in the cards.

2/14/2022 9:55 am  #53

Yeah, that's why I mentioned I'll have to do fewer trips and make them longer in order to justify the distance. As much as I love Algonquin, its main feature to me is convenience - I can get there in a few hours and start my trip. But if I have to drive 10-12 hours to pay a quarter of what I would to go camping in Algonquin, I'll likely be driving 10-12 hours. 

Last edited by Uppa (2/14/2022 10:13 am)

2/14/2022 10:06 am  #54

google rez gas.com     ontario map of districts selling native gas,, there are more rez gas stations than you think. might help reduce travel costs.  carbon tax goes up april 1st again?
  i hope this helps

2/15/2022 12:41 pm  #55

Uppa wrote:

Yeah, that's why I mentioned I'll have to do fewer trips and make them longer in order to justify the distance. As much as I love Algonquin, its main feature to me is convenience - I can get there in a few hours and start my trip. But if I have to drive 10-12 hours to pay a quarter of what I would to go camping in Algonquin, I'll likely be driving 10-12 hours. 

Lot's of areas around Sudbury and North Bay to paddle for free Uppa, only an extra 90 mins on the road ... probably less portaging with the Yak too ;) 

2/18/2022 6:47 pm  #56

swedish pimple wrote:

google rez gas.com     ontario map of districts selling native gas,, there are more rez gas stations than you think. might help reduce travel costs.  carbon tax goes up april 1st again?
  i hope this helps

Do not count on this.
I was on the Pic River Res Wednesday (1KM from the Pukaskwa National Park) and the kid behind the counter in the store said my price for gas without a status card was $181.9. Gas in town today is $171.9

2/18/2022 9:25 pm  #57

Yeah. The gas is only supposed to be exempt for status holders. It’s just generally not enforced as it’s impractical, like a vaccine QR code.

2/19/2022 8:34 am  #58

caveat emptor friends,, 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.