You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2021 7:21 pm  #1

can any one recommend a car campground site at brent? thanks

does anyone have any insights into a brent car camp ground sites that are good, water access ? i have not been down to the east end on the campgrounds before,, 
    thanks,, 

Last edited by swedish pimple (5/07/2021 7:18 pm)

4/30/2021 9:59 am  #2

Re: can any one recommend a car campground site at brent? thanks

I’m going up there the first weekend in June.  If you can wait till after, I can get back to you.

5/01/2021 11:04 pm  #3

They have **campgrounds** there now? Last time I was there it was pretty small and there was an A.G. Bell type, wooden telephone box...

Seriously, when I think of Brent I remember 20 (or was it 40) miles of bad road, and the car full of sand from the dust from the logging trucks.

5/02/2021 6:12 am  #4

5/02/2021 8:27 am  #5

thanks for the help,,, i do know of the western sites,, 1,2,3 are wide open,, 5,6 are very close together,  8 to 13 seemed gloomy, the site close to the boat launch would be busy,,,
     the sites at the east end go the campground i know nothing about,, that is the area i would like some info about,,, thanks again!!

5/03/2021 8:25 am  #6

Not sure if you are aware but there are 2 to 3 pics of each campsite on the Ontario Parks reservation page.  Might help a little.   
I haven't been to the east end of the campground either...so can't help in that regard

5/03/2021 12:08 pm  #7

hi swiftpaddler,,
       thanks for your help,,, the photos do give me a better idea,,  the place looks very busy this summer?  secret is out!!

5/03/2021 12:45 pm  #8

No problem swedish pimple!  Glad it helped.
I had a quick look at the availability at Brent over the summer and saw a TON of red!     

5/03/2021 4:01 pm  #9

From what I recall, site 30 is a good bet.  By the water but has some trees for a hint of privacy.  I think the next 2 are beach sites but there's no separation between them.  I can't remember what the other few look like.

5/03/2021 9:57 pm  #10

Hey Sweede, I think I stayed on one of the sites you are curious about and had decent water access.  When i am at the other computer I will see if I can find dome pictures and figure out what site we were on.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.