You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2021 1:44 pm  #1

Trout in Byers, Big Rock and Scorch

I've never seemed to catch any trout in these lakes on my past trips. Anyone else have the same issue?

3/18/2021 3:43 pm  #2

Re: Trout in Byers, Big Rock and Scorch

hi k.c      algonquin adventures tries to limit fishing details on small lakes,,,  small lakes could be hit hard.  it is best to try for yourself and then keep the info quite.  what is the word that your friend has used over the years regarding places that have been over run since made public in videos and books ,,, callanized ???
    i hope that you understand,,,  by the way do you fish barbless by chance and practice catch and release while you are out there???

3/18/2021 5:27 pm  #3

Not really looking to see if their is fish there...just wondering what is going on with the lack of fish their. No need for anyone to respond to this. I think you're missing my question. Let's just assume I can't fish LOL and leave it at that. LOL

Last edited by kcallan (3/19/2021 1:08 pm)

3/18/2021 5:49 pm  #4

ooops. "There" instead of "their." 

3/18/2021 9:35 pm  #5

Same issue here, albeit my experiences were in summer which is always tougher. Nonetheless, the techniques I use in the summer on other backcountry lakes have not produced much in the panhandle

6/02/2021 9:55 am  #6

Unfortunately someone fired Largemouth Bass into one of those lakes and they spread. Bass do a good job of extirpating brookies in small lakes and that is why you aren't catching. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.